No, Lee isn’t having the linky for a couple of weeks, but I do have progress on a couple of things to report.
On the Log Cabin quilt, I finished all the quilting, trimmed it, and made the label. With any luck I’ll bind it today. I quilted each block (24) with a free-motion sun. I marked two circles on each to guide me, and went from there, in one continuous line for each one. At first they looked more like flowers, but I found that when I made the center spirals larger, they got more sun-like. Either way, they are summery.
I like the way the back looks, too.
I got super organized and used a few spare minutes to make the binding the other day, but now I’m not so sure. I usually like a dark edge to frame a quilt, but I might want to use the yellow and orange batik. What do you think?
I spent last week’s cool, dry weather cutting and spray painting a new top for our deck table. Somehow, during that fiercely cold winter, our glass table top shattered. We just looked out and there it was on the deck. I priced a piece of replacement glass. No. We looked at replacement sets, but didn’t see what we wanted. Also, we just didn’t want to spend the money on that right now. And there’s nothing wrong with the rest of the set. So I bought a piece of plywood, cut it, primed it, painted it, and sealed it. I hope to get a year or two out of it. I’m pretty happy with way it turned out. I knew the newsprint stencil was lifting a little, but I think it looks kind of airbrushed and interesting. We have an orange umbrella, and the other furniture is orange, blue, and lime.
AND, I settled on this tutorial for boxy pouches, and bought some interfacing. I’m creeping up on that project.
Now I’m going to go clean out my purse to add money to my Piggy Bank Savings pitcher. Thanks for all the comments on that post, especially Myrna, who warned me that old glass can be brittle. I’ll add the coins carefully!
Hope you’re having a productive week.