Besides the Baby Yoda quilt, this week I used 1.75 yards from my string bins to make these blocks for Kat’s January/February block drive. Some are definitely more effective than others, but I learned as I went along. It’s a good exercise in color and value. They also used a lot of batting scraps.
All this snow makes for pretty pictures, but it’s hard to get the exposure right for quilts.
This quilt started with the Baby Yoda fabric. It looks cute enough, but it was difficult to put other fabric with it. I didn’t want a really dark baby quilt, so I kept trying to use lighter fabric. As you saw, the mustard didn’t work.
I settled on these blues and grays, and lightened it up with some improv stars. I’m happy with the result.