So. Trying to get back into the groove after our short trip. I was burnt out from all the walking, the allergies are plaguing me (this is new to me, and I’m not good at it), and I may have picked up some germ in Williamsburg. Plus, DS is home, DH is not, and it’s hard to get a routine going. Then I look at the fabrics I need to cut and I am SO not sure what to do. I’m using my Oakshott Cottons, and really don’t want to waste anything.
Today I did cut out fabric for one block, plus the black and white background for all the blocks. I really like the print, and can’t wait to see what it looks like.
Of course, about the time I got my sixteen little piles arranged on the sewing table, the thunder and hail began in earnest, and Yuri came running up to the studio. Touching, really, how he wanted my comfort, but when he skidded to a stop in the middle of all the piles, I don’t think I was very comforting.
They are all clipped or pinned together now, and maybe tomorrow I’ll get the first block sewn together. Lots of little bits and angles. We shall see.
I’m linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.