Quilting, like life, is a work in progress, isn’t it? After enough years the goals and resolutions begin to repeat themselves. Whether progress has been made or not, there’s always more to do. And if it’s a worthwhile goal, why not keep it up?
Keep up with my photos.
- I need to clean out my Dropbox every month after my goals post, deleting repetitive photos and filing others in the proper folders.
- I really, really, need to add photos to Flickr every month, so I’m not doing it all at the end of the year. Besides, it’s more fun to add current photos and interact with friends and groups.
Organize my studio.
This is a repeated one, but it needs it again.
- I need to better store boxes and packing materials. Boxes need to go in another room. I may need some new bins for packing storage.
- I want to declutter some of the knick knacks I have on display.
- I should vacuum and put away fabric after each project.
Make things other than quilts.
This is another goal from the past. These won’t be the elaborate things some people make, but just a change, and practice reading patterns.
- I’m making a tree skirt
- I want to make some more easy tote bags, because I have more uses and ideas.
- I’ll try a new zipper pouch pattern.
Get back into printmaking.
I keep mentioning this and not doing much with it. Let this be the year!
- Borrow or buy a book or two about printing on fabric.
- Experiment with some easy media like foam or cardboard that will hurt my hands less than carving blocks.
- Turn the results into hangings, etc.
Turn over my stash
- Use 25 -50 net yards of fabric this year. It’s getting harder, now that I’m down 500 yards from when I started this.
- Add back in colors and prints that I need. I haven’t found a subscription service that’s just right, so I’m doing my own. Last year I added greens, this month it was blues.
I’m counting on you to hold me to these! Good luck on your goals this year!
- Make tree skirt for our new tree so I won’t be scrambling at the last minute come December. Yes! Here it is.
- Applique pine cones on guest bathroom towels (same reason). Yes. This was tiny, I didn’t take a picture.
- Make donation blocks for Kat’s Covered in Love. Yes! Here. And they’re mailed.
- Complete Step 2 of the Handy Dandy Scrap Quilt. Yes! Here.
- Determine pattern and collect fabrics for my brother’s quilt. No. I did try, but I couldn’t get a decision from them about the pattern. I’ll pursue this in March.
- Complete top for log cabin donation quilt. No, didn’t touch this.
- Complete Step 3 of the Handy Dandy Scrap Quilt. Yes!
- Determine pattern and collect fabrics for my brother’s quilt. No progress. They’re thinking about it.
- Make last twelve log cabin blocks. Yes!
- Assemble top for log cabin donation quilt. Yes!
Bonus: I made a commissioned baby quilt.