My only finish this week was Birds in the Air, but I didn’t buy any new fabric! Thank you for the positive comments! I can’t count most of the front, because the blocks came from other people’s stashes, but the back, solid blocks, and binding uses about 4.5 yards.
This week: + 0 yards, – 4.5 yards
This year: + 77.25 yards, – 114.5 yards
Net destashed in 2016: 37.25 yards
I’m creeping up on fifty yards!
Jaye asked if I really found joy in the things I was making, like the leaf wall hangings, or if I did it to use fabric. Yes, there’s always joy, or I wouldn’t do it. I just report the fabric usage on Sundays.
I relish handling fabric and playing with color. Sometimes a project begins with a need (in this case, a hole in my Etsy shop), or a desire to use a particular category of scraps, but it always ends up as a challenge to make something as beautiful as I can. In the case of the wall hangings, I wanted to do them quickly so I used a single, previous design. All the same, I’m very pleased with the fabrics I put together and thoroughly enjoyed the quick project and its results.
I also keep in mind Sandy’s injunction against ugly donation quilts. Yes, I often use fabrics that haven’t found a home in previous projects, but I hope I do something attractive with them. I never want to give someone a quilt that looks like Yuri’s breakfast.
And I want to continue to use as much as possible from my stash, so that I’ll feel good about replacing some of it with fresh, new fabrics!
I’m linking up to Sunday Stash at Patchwork Times.