Evening in the Garden Quilts

Adventures in Fabric Art

Leave a comment

Sunday Stash Report: 7/22/18

Just a sneak peek at this week’s baby quilt, I’ll post about it soon. And no new fabric came in.

This week: + 0 yards, – 3.5 yards

This year: + 55.5 yards, – 81.5 yards

Net  destashed  added in 2018: 26 yards

I’ll be traveling for the next few weeks, so no promises about not buying fabric!


Sunday Stash Report: 7/15/18

This week I finished the Ocean Baby Quilt and didn’t buy any new fabric.

This week: + 0 yards, – 2.75 yards

This year: + 55.50 yards, – 78.00 yards

Net destashed  added in 2018: 22.5 yards

Watching the stash shrink!


Friday Finish: Ocean Baby Quilt

2018-07-13 16.17.26closeNo, it’s not low-volume, but I like the way this turned out.  It started life as a short wide panel.  I cut it apart and sewed it back together to make it a vertical rectangle.  Then I added the fish panels (the very last of that fabric) and the shell borders.

2018-07-13 16.17.47I quilted on the seam lines, dark blue lines, and around all the motifs.  Then I quilted waves around the borders.

2018-07-13 16.17.40I finished it with a blue and white diagonal stripe binding.

2018-07-13 16.20.07


2018-07-13 16.17.26


2018-07-13 16.19.44

And don’t worry, I had it professionally tested.  It passed.

Find this soon in my Etsy shop.

Leave a comment

WIP Wednesday: The Ocean

I’m not very good at low volume. I really admire the neutral nurseries, especially the nautical ones. I just couldnt quite get there.

I had this pretty, pale sea glass fabric ready for the inner borders, but I found it blah. One final check of the fabric closet found the last of the fish batik, and they really wanted to swim with the whales. I think it fits just right, but it sure isn’t neutral, is it?

Leave a comment

Monday Stash Report: 7/9/18

It wasn’t that I didn’t realize that yesterday was Sunday. I just couldn’t get these pictures off my phone. Sure enough, there they are today.

No, this is not one of my low-volume projects. I had made a leader-and-enders kit with old scraps (maybe twelve years old), and the blocks were ready to be sewn together and quilted. I backed it with the last of a very bright stripe from a line of road construction fabric. I used the last smidges of the stripe for the binding, but didn’t have enough, so I used my last strip of bar code stripe. It all used about three yards of fabric. I quilted it diagonally in both directions with yellow Sulky thread. I’ll be donating this to Project Linus.

This week: + 0 yards, – 3 yards

This year: + 55.50 yards, – 75.25 yards

Net destashed added in 2018: 19.75 yards

Hope you are well, and finding time to sew your stash.


Sunday Stash Report: 7/1/18

Sewing happened! But just a little and not a finish. I’ve almost put together a baby quilt top I had been doing as leader-and-enders. When it’s finished it will be completely from (very old) stash.

What did happen this week is that I got a bug to to sew some things from panels, so I bought 11.25 yards from eQuilter. I think all of it was on sale. That took my numbers down a lot, but I’m finding the fabric inspiring.

This week: + 11.25 yards, – 0 yards

This year: + 55.50 yards, – 72.25 yards

Net destashed added in 2018: 16.25 yards

Yuri hopes you’re staying on top of your stash!