I found myself working away on this quilt on May the Fourth, so I guess the Force is strong with this one!
Pro Tip: Make sure you’re using you 1/4″ foot while you are piecing. I made all these geese using my open-toe #20 foot, left on from binding the last quilt. Apparently it sews a 3/8 or 5/16″ seam… Made them too small. Thank goodness the whole top wasn’t full of piecing!
I’m much happier with the quilting on this one. It’s rays extending in different directions, and it seems to be enough.
You’ll find this quilt in my Etsy Shop.
A while back I made a variety of wonky stars using Christmas fabric scraps.
I put them together with lots of negative space made of various white and creamy Moda Grunge and borders of Windham’s Glisten. Then I took them apart and inserted a peppermint strip for definition.
Oftentimes, after a quilt is washed I regret not having quilted it more. This was not the case. I quilted shadow stars in the plain blocks, and filled around all the stars in various ways.
I quilted holly and ribbons in the first, wide border. I quilted roping in the narrow gray border.
I quilted ribbons in the outer border. (For this I used my Leaves Galore ruler from Sue Pelland. I just didn’t move it over as much as for leaves. I guess long, skinny leaves look like ribbons.)
After the fancy quilting, I went back with my walking foot and quilted straight lines wherever they fit to try to make the border quilting a little closer in density to the center. I didn’t succeed, but it’seems also pretty flat, so I think it helped.
The back is a creamy batik with faint green snowflakes.
This time I really think I accomplished the vision I had for this quilt. It’s here in my Etsy shop.