A while back I made a variety of wonky stars using Christmas fabric scraps.
I put them together with lots of negative space made of various white and creamy Moda Grunge and borders of Windham’s Glisten. Then I took them apart and inserted a peppermint strip for definition.
Oftentimes, after a quilt is washed I regret not having quilted it more. This was not the case. I quilted shadow stars in the plain blocks, and filled around all the stars in various ways.
I quilted holly and ribbons in the first, wide border. I quilted roping in the narrow gray border.
I quilted ribbons in the outer border. (For this I used my Leaves Galore ruler from Sue Pelland. I just didn’t move it over as much as for leaves. I guess long, skinny leaves look like ribbons.)
After the fancy quilting, I went back with my walking foot and quilted straight lines wherever they fit to try to make the border quilting a little closer in density to the center. I didn’t succeed, but it’seems also pretty flat, so I think it helped.
The back is a creamy batik with faint green snowflakes.
This time I really think I accomplished the vision I had for this quilt. It’s here in my Etsy shop.