A finish! A post about Layer Cake Explosion in a few days.
And… a large amount of fabric came in. It’s for a commissioned quilt, and I wish I could say that it will all go out again soon, but there will be lots left over that I will need to put to use. So.
This week: + 16.5 yard, – 12.5 yards
This year: + 81.75 yards, – 104.75 yards
added in 2017: 13.00 yards
So, net destashing needs work, but I have used more than a hundred yards of fabric this year.
- Make back for Layer Cake Explosion. Yes! And I quilted it! A post soon.
- Make donation blocks for Kat’s September/October block drive. Yes, I made eighteen.
- Continue with Pacific Stars Mystery Quilt. No, I skipped this.
- Customer quilt commission? (in the works) Not made, but I spent the time discussing, ordering, and washing the fabrics. Almost ready to sew.
I got on a roll after making the back for Layer Cake Explosion, and got it basted, quilted, and bound. This was a huge project (93″ square), so I don’t mind that I put off Pacific Stars. I’ll just be doing lots of work on that this month.
- Make last month’s Pacific Stars blocks.
- Make this month’s Pacific Stars blocks.
- Make commissioned flying geese quilt.
- Donate some quilts that are hanging around.
Good luck on all of your goals! Right now I’m feeling fortunate to have food, water, and power, and I hope you do, too.
October 1, 2017 at 4:30 PM
It looks like you did some awesome quilting on Layer Cake Explosion. I hope you will show us lots of pictures!
October 1, 2017 at 9:07 PM
Yay for the finish!
October 2, 2017 at 2:28 PM
I think we are in about the same net destashing place. I have used about 116 yards of fabric but bought 90+. I am happy about the usage, but need to get it up to double the purchases. Or something. I need and want to destash more.
October 2, 2017 at 2:29 PM
Nice job on the Layer Cake Explosion.