Technically, Yuri and I didn’t finish this quilt until today, but I’m counting it on this Stash anyway. This will be the last report I’ll write for a while, because of my knee surgery, so I want to include this.
This is a leaders and enders quilt that I made blocks for during the last year. It’s very simple, two colors, because that’s about all I can handle for l and e. I need to think about the quilt I’m doing, so this has to be fool-proof. I have a lot of small scraps, but the main reason I do these is to eliminate starting and stopping threads in my regular piecing. This cleans things up a lot.
It was fun to revisit some of the fabrics in here. There are bits of peacock fabric from the 2008 Hoffman Challenge, and some from my nephew’s ocean-themed graduation quilt.
The quilting started with stitching in the ditch next to all the sashing using blue Bottom Line, so it’s nearly invisible. Then I used a gold and blue variegated So Fine (Superior) 40 wt. thread for all the other quilting. I used orange peel quilting on half the blocks, and free-hand spirals in the alternate blocks. The border has a series of wavy lines. I started that with the walking foot, but quickly switched back to free-motion quilting because it was much easier than turning the quilt for the walking foot, and, with the echo foot, seemed just as accurate.
This quilt is 62″ x 84″ (or it was before washing!). It used about 9.25 yards of fabric.
This week: + 0 yards, – 9.25 yards
This year: + 77.25 yards, – 123.75 yards
Net destashed in 2016: 46.50 yards
We’re linking up to the Stash Report at Patchwork Times.