September is suddenly here, so it’s time to check the goals.
- Hang the darned picture already! Yes! Done!
- Coastal-themed art quilt. Nope.
- Piece top to Birds in the Air quilt. Yes, and quilted and bound! Here.
- Make autumn themed wall hangings / table runners. Yes, three.
- Make blocks for Kat’s August drive. Yes, eight.
Bonus: Assembled Blue and Brown Leaders and Enders top and made a lot of quilting progress.
I finally just went up and hung that picture because I was too embarrassed to put it on the list one more time! The photograph I hung is of my great, great Aunt Maggie. She was Maggie Jane McMillen Mills (1864 -1916). She was a seamstress, along with her sister Francie, and I have always wanted her to watch over my studio. She made the dress she is wearing, which I wish you could see better, because it’s very elaborate in the front. This very heavy portrait is behind curved glass, and I found it almost impossible to photograph, try as I might. The background is completely plain, everything you see is reflection. The background was tinted a rose tone, as were her lips. I think some of the dress details were drawn in to help them show up against the dark dress.
Anyway, Aunt Maggie is finally in her spot, and that corner behind the door has been cleaned up!
- Take my machine to the spa.
- Watch Craftsy classes.
- Catch up on podcasts.
- Heal from my right knee replacement!
Yes, light duty for September. You’ll have to sew for me, please!