This week I sewed and didn’t buy, so that’s good news for stash reduction. The Cool Colored twin quilt took 9.5 yards.
This week: + 0 yards, – 9.5 yards
This year: +38.5 yards, -43.5 yards
destashed added in 2016: 5 yards
Complete the second clue for Charlotte’sScrappy Stars Around the Corner. Yes! Continue Gyleen’sBricks, Cobblestones, and Pebbles mystery quilt. Yes!
- Unpack fabric lockers and get help moving them over a foot. This will help with locker and floor access and make it easier to vacuum. Well, no. I did unload the lockers and attempt to move them, but they’re heavy and on carpet, so I gave up. Instead, I moved a lamp in the way, and the roll of batting. I also tidied up my cords, and changed the sewing machine so it wasn’t plugged into the same outlet as my iron (bad for the computer). And I vacuumed and dusted.
Find a new home for the little project bins that live under the cutting table. Yes! There is clear floor space there. Make donation blocks for Kat’s February Challenge.Yes! Make a quilt for my Etsy shop. Yes, I made three!
Bonus: I made a blue and green twin quilt to keep at home.
- Complete the third clue for Charlotte’s Scrappy Stars Around the Corner.
- Make a back and donate it with the top from Gyleen’s Bricks, Cobblestones, and Pebbles mystery quilt.
- Clear the area behind the door in my studio.
- Make donation blocks for Kat’s March Drive.
- Make some summer-themed wall hangings.
- Participate in Darla’s March-A-Long, where we sew a little every day.
So February was a good month for goals, but it usually is. As we creep toward spring, outside work and other activities call, and I sew a little less. Luckily, Darla has her March-A-Long this month to encourage us to sew/prep for at least a few minutes every day, and that helps keep me going. Hope you join in, too.
Good luck with your goals! I’m linking up to Judy’s report at Patchwork Times.
February 28, 2016 at 8:26 PM
Congratulations on finishing Bricks, Cobblestones and Pebbles! Mine is still a WIP. I’m 2 clues behind.
February 29, 2016 at 8:09 AM
Great work Valerie, you are chugging along nicely with your goals!
March 5, 2016 at 4:39 PM
Your March blocks got here today. Thank you!!