Yuri and I finished up this rail fence quilt yesterday. Here he is admiring some of our wavy quilting lines.
And this is what the whole thing looks like. It’s 63″ x 81″, and the rail blocks are nine inches square.
It’s all from stash, and the colors were completely inspired by this backing fabric I had on hand.
I sort of quilted this backwards. Visually, I wanted minimal quilting, so I started out using the walking foot for a serpentine stitch in variegated thread down each bar of fabric. Then I decided that it needed more quilting to withstand use on a bed, so I went back and quilted in all the ditches with invisible thread. It made it a little wonky, but the result is fine. A myriad of troubles disappear when a quilt is washed!
This quilt will stay with me. I was checking out bedding in case some of DS’s friends came home with him, and discovered that I didn’t have a spare twin quilt. Now I do.
Pingback: Sunday Stash and February/March Goals | Evening in the Garden Quilts
February 29, 2016 at 1:09 PM
I love the blocks with the white thrown in.