Last week I got this project quilted and bound. Yes, I see the, uh, design decision, near the lower left corner. I mean, I see it now. I partially blame all of you, who looked at the top here and never mentioned the problem. (I’ve made sure to get lots of eyes on the pink and black one currently on my wall!) I’m not too upset. It gives it some character. Not all furrows are straight, after all.
As the commenters said, I like the green and the pops of purple. I used a shiny purple thread, Art Studio Colors by Superior, to quilt three wavy lines vertically and horizontally on each block. I had already stitched in the ditch with Bottom Line, which is mostly invisible, but gives it sufficient quilting.
I made this for donation and to lighten my string bins, and I think it will be loved.