Summer is certainly here, and I am a warm weather fan. Unfortunately for quilt production, it also means gardening, lack of routine, family activities, vacations, and a sultry studio. For these reasons I’ve really seen my finishes slack off. I’m content with that, but it’s why my July goals are very modest. “Machine service” isn’t even a sewing goal, but I included it so that it will Get Done. Last year I forgot to take it in before we left on vacation, and then I didn’t want to be without it when I returned ( my LQS is pretty slow.). It deserves a good cleaning.
1. Make donation quilt (Tulips).
3. Make pair of pillowcases (Nicey Jane).
4. Piece top for SIL Christmas gift quilt. ( I got this designed and ordered fabric for it.)
1. Piece top for SIL Christmas gift quilt.
2. Piece top for summer/beachy quilt
3. Take sewing machine in for service
4. Quilt beach quilt.
I didn’t do too badly on my June goals. Also, I completed the commissioned quilt and pillow cover that I hadn’t anticipated. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
I hope you enjoy summer, whether you make all your goals or not.
I’m linking up to Getting It Done at Patchwork Times.
June 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM
You did great on your goals, Valerie, since you even got the commissioned pieces done. Three out of four is not bad.