Last week I finished this sleepy little baby quilt. I bought the sloths printed on a panel, and put them on my own (stash) background with a couple of branches from which they could hang.
I didn’t want to use Steam a Seam under these very large pieces of applique. Instead, I starched them heavily, and then used spray adhesive (baste) to hold them in place when they were dry. It worked fine. I did use Steam a Seam under the leaves, and they were harder to quilt through. I think this is the first time I used my Leaves Galore ruler set to actually cut leaves! Usually I’m just using it to trace curves or leaves for quilting.
If the background looks very textured, it’s true. The gray print is super busy, so I quilted lots of wavy horizontal lines on it. It’s not exactly drapey, but it’s soft enough and feels great.
Find this in my shop soon.
And, I have extra sloths, so look for another version soon!