Finally, I have numbers for a Stash Report! This was a secret gift project. Most was home dec fabric, so I can only count half a yard out of the stash. However, I also completed this quilt, Surrounded by Scraps, for a eleven and a half yards!
This week: + 0 yards, – 12 yards
This year: + 54.25 yards, – 75.75 yards
added in 2017: 21.5 yards
This was my first One Hour Basket (Craftsy). It took me an hour and fifteen minutes. I added fleece to the handles, and did extra topstitching on the handles and around the top to give it more stability.
The pencil case (I cut the size down quite a bit) was The Worlds Fastest Pencil Case by thread riding hood, and it sure was! If I had had this tutorial when I was teaching, my whole class would have gotten these every Christmas! I wanted to use quilting weight fabric, so I cut two pieces and spray basted them wrong sides together. This still only took me twenty minutes to make, finished edges inside, and no hand sewing!
The other piece is the Wide Open Zippered Pouch (Noodlehead), which I have made before. I think I made her small size this time.
Wow, the first half of June really got away from me! Family, the garden, the heat, everything has gotten in the way of sewing. It’s a good thing I got a lot done in May!
- Make blocks for Kat’s May/June block drive. Yes! Here. And mailed!
- Begin the Twilters! facebook group quilt along. Yes, Clue 1 is complete, and I’m working on the the second.
- Make backing and sandwich Surrounded by Scraps. Yes! And in June I quilted and bound it.
- Make summer/patriotic wall hangings. Yes! Here.
Bonus: I made an Elephant quilt for a customer.
(Well, June is half over, so I’ll keep it brief.)
- Layer Cake Explosion, Clue 2 (Twilter Quilt-Along)
- Layer Cake Explosion, Clue 3
- Pacific Stars Mystery Quilt (by Charlotte Scott on Carol’s Quilts blog), Clue 1
- Pacific Stars, Clue 2
I hope you’re enjoying your summer (or winter!) and still getting some sewing done!