Actually, the name of this block is Whirlwind. I made it for the new daughter of a friend.
At first it looked like this, with plain 9″ blocks of the print. Blech. I put it up on Twitter, and the Twilters agreed it needed something. That’s when I cut the blocks down to 6″ and added borders (Snow). That gave me an opportunity to fussy-cut the fabric a little. I like the result.
If you think this only has a little diagonal quilting, good, that’s the effect I wanted. But, really, It has a lot of quilting. I first stitched in every ditch with fine thread (Bottom Line), and then did the diagonal stitching with Fantastico.
The back is a great pink and gray hounds tooth corduroy and a strip of gray Kona.
I bound it with strips of gray and white chevron fabric, which makes nice diagonal stripes.
I’m linking up to Let’s Make Baby Quilts at Michelles’s Romantic Triangle
Pingback: Sunday Stash Report: 1/15/17 | Evening in the Garden Quilts
January 16, 2017 at 1:48 PM
What a great baby quilt! I posting this on my Facebook page, it’s scheduled for the afternoon of January 19th. Well done!
January 17, 2017 at 10:10 AM
The way you made the alternate blocks is genius. It added that great fabric, but also gave the pinwheels space to breathe. Good work!
January 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM
Love it! That white made it pop. I’m going to remember this design for a future baby quilt. Thanks for sharing.
Pingback: January / February Goals | Evening in the Garden Quilts