I didn’t piece these six-inch maple leaves, they’re from a top I brought home that my mother had pieced. I knew she’d be glad for it to go to a good cause. I was just going to add some borders and call it done, but it was already 48″ by 60″. This drive is looking for really small quilts (36″ x 50″ or so), so I took the top apart in the middle and made it into two quilts. These each finished at 40″ x 62″.
I quilted between all the blocks first with the walking foot and fine thread, so they have more quilting than might appear. On one I quilted straight lines through the leaves and feathers through the blank spaces, edge to edge.
On the other, I quilted wavy lines to suggest wind, and then a feather border.
My other finish this week is twelve pillowcases (here are six) to donate to Case for Caring (which used to be Conkerr Cancer).
This week: + 0 yards, – 19 yards
This year: + 108.25 yards, – 160.5 yards
Net destashed in 2016: 52.25 yards
So, I met my year’s goal, just barely, but I did. We won’t discuss the vast amounts of fabric that are on order, but I’ll worry about that next year!