I won an award! Thank you to Melanie at Thousand Needles blog for nominating me! If you don’t follow Melanie, you should. She has a life-simplifying and a gratitude thread going on, along with progress on her beautiful quilting, and her family.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers that you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
- I’m retired after thirty years of teaching Art (k-6) and elementary (4-6). This is how I have time to make the quilts!
- I’m married, for 32 years, and my husband’s retired, too
- We have one son, aged 21. He has Asperger’s Syndrome/high-functioning autism. He is currently attending college, loving it, and living with friends in an apartment. He belongs to several organizations and is doing fairly well academically.
- I did my first serious machine sewing at age 11, when I made my Easter dress, with my mother’s help, with set in sleeves and a back zipper. For the fabric, think Peter Max depicts a flower garden.
- In spite of being a successful garment sewer for many years, I don’t like to anymore. I don’t even really like sewing bags. Give me flat fabric in small patches.
- I like to cook, sometimes, usually when I’m inspired by fresh produce from my garden or the farmer’s market.
- I’m a Girl Scout. I went all the way through the program as a girl, then led troops for many years. I’m still registered.
I know you’ll enjoy all of these!