This quilt began with rummaging though my 6.5″ scrap bin. I pulled together these pretty florals and semi-solids. Some were more recent, but some were OLD and needed to go. It is nice and square, even though it didn’t want to hang flat for the photo.
Yes, I cut the four-patches different widths. That was a… design choice! I kind of like it. I was originally going to use all twelve Disappearing Four Patch blocks for the top, quilt it, bind it, and be finished. No matter how I turned the blocks on the design wall, they looked like…well, not good.
Sashing was in order. The #Twilters and I looked at a number of choices. The deeper ones were appealing, but not soft for a baby quilt. In the end, I went with a soft blue dot for sashing and a two-tone green for borders.
Quilting was lots of vines and flowers, with minimal marking. The largel-scale quilting left it nice and soft. I used a variegated So Fine by Superior for all the quilting. It shows up, but echos the soft colors.