Today I finished this quilt, destined for donation.
I made it to use this backing, which I like a lot but for which I have never found a use. I also wanted it to be in “boys” colors, since I have plenty of florals to donate.
I quilted it with wavy lines, but I didn’t think they were enough, so I added these flowing lines between each set of vertical waves. I knew they had a name, and my friends supplied it: ribbon candy! Even more fun than quilting them. I used Superior’s So Fine thread in a variegated light green.
There are two different blocks, one with three patches, and one with four, just because I wanted to mix it up a bit. I still think that has potential, though it isn’t great here. Doing this again, I would use the same fabrics (yum!), but mix up the values more.
I still like it, and I hope the recipient will, too.
Pingback: Sunday Stash Report: 7/26/15 | Evening in the Garden Quilts
Pingback: July and August Goals | Evening in the Garden Quilts