I started with this panel. I don’t remember where it came from, but I must have felt sorry for it and took it home. I added two rows of patchwork (from my scrap bins) to make it wider, put a Kona Ash border around it, then bound it with a two-tone charcoal binding.
There is an extra layer of cotton batting under the center to make it a little poofy. I quilted on the printed lines, and added a few extra details.
To quilt the background, I drew in bunches of leaves using my new “Leaves Galore” ruler (Sue Pelland), that I bought last month. It’s meant for cutting leaf shapes, but I traced along the curves, moved it, and traced again to form continuous leaves that were easy to quilt. That’s how I drew the leaves in the border, too.
This was fun to make. Now it’s headed for my Etsy shop, unless I can convince someone to decorate their nursery in a woodland theme…