Today I’m working on my contribution to the Project Hope Online Quilt Show. That ray of light makes things look more hopeful already, doesn’t it?
I worked on this for a while, but eventually used a 50/50 bleach/water solution in a spray bottle and misted it on lightly, a little more heavily at the top right. One thing I learned was that old bleach that has been sitting in your spray bottle for a year is not nearly as potent as new bleach. I also drew my applique pattern. Now that the background is dry, I can begin choosing and cutting fabrics. I haven’t done work like this in a long time, so it feels a little uncomfortable, but that’s probably a good thing, right?
View from My Studio
I have been an empty-nester here for the last few days. Robin built her nest and then went away. I hope she just found a spot she liked better, where there were no cats staring at her out the window (I sure it wasn’t me she objected to). Today a very genteel mourning dove couple looked the place over and decided they could do something with it. Mrs. Dove scooched around in the nest to try it for size, and told him it would do as long as they remodeled. He began bringing her sticks and the two of them worked them into place. I can’t tell much difference, but they were incredibly sweet working together, and he seems very attentive. They’re a little skittish, and I don’t want them to leave, too, so I’ll wait a couple days before I open the window to take a photo. Just imagine a beautiful taupe-colored bird cooing and blinking in the nest surrounded by white dogwood blossoms. Yes, location is everything.
I’m linking up with Design Wall Monday on Patchwork Times.