A two-fabric quilt.
A two-fabric quilt.
I spent this week completing April’s clue for the Handy Dandy Scrap quilt. My scrappy sashing did not look good with my busy background and my scrappy blocks. I changed it to this scrappy gold, which works much better. Of course, I don’t count the fabric out until the quilt is finished, but this will help the numbers when I do finish it. So many scraps!
Also this week my mother in law gave me her sewing scraps. After sorting out the blends and corduroy, I was left with about 5.5 yards, mostly red and blue (went to the Quilts of Valor bin!) and two Christmas prints.
This week: + 5.5 yards, – 0 yards
This year: + 45 yards, – 47.25 yards
added in 2019: 2.25 yards
Keep using your stash!
I didn’t accomplish all of my goals last month, but I didn’t do too badly.
I’m also doing well on my goals of keeping current on my photos and my bookkeeping. The Stash is moving slowly, but it is moving
I’m keeping May goals very modest. There’s lots to be done in the yard and garden, and we’re taking two short trips.
Good luck with your goals!
New fabric and a finish this week!
Among the new fabric are these pretty ombres. You’ll have to stay tuned to see what I do with them.
My finish is this log cabin quilt that I made from all those blocks I’ve been piecing from strings for months. These are twelve-inch blocks, and the quilt measures 72″ x 96″. It’s for donation.
I settled on the straight furrows set for these blocks. I first tried to set them as a barn raising (concentric diamonds), but I had played fast and loose with the values in the blocks, so it was hard to see the pattern. This worked better.
I really like this background fabric.
The quilting is done with Superior’s Bottom Line in white on the back, and aqua Nature’s Colors and white Sulky on the front.
This week: + 10 yards, – 13.5 yards
This year: + 39.5 yards, – 47.25 yards
added in 2019: 7.75 yards
This week I made this baby quilt from scraps, and no new fabric came in.
This week: + 0 yards, – 3.5 yards
Yuri thinks you should be using YOUR stash!
Once I finally got all my ducks in a row, this baby quilt (36″ x 40″) was easy and quick to assemble and finish.
This is made from 90 4.5″ half square triangles units I had left over from a twin-sized flying geese quilt I made last year. I didn’t know what I wanted to do with them until I saw this quilt made by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Then she made a tiny one, which motivated me to pull out my squares and start. Mine is somewhere in the middle of these two.
I didn’t occur to me till I looked back at these posts and her tutorial that she paired her fabrics to create same-color diamonds. I bet that would have been a lot easier to arrange correctly! Oh, well, I like the color and movement in mine.
This is headed off to Jack’s Basket to welcome a new baby.
I’m linking up to Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
Thank goodness for a design wall (or floor or back of couch or whatever you use)! This has been so hard to arrange correctly.
These are bonus HSTs left from a commissioned quilt I made last year. They’re 4.5″ square, and this will be a baby quilt.
I arranged these, and stepped back, then arranged them again, took a photo, arranged, then another, etc., etc. Finally Colleen spotted (all the way from Alberta, Canada!) that last error in the too left corner of this photo (three print triangles together).
I hope that’s the last! If you see another, please tell me quickly now! After its quilted, any errors will just be considered intentional design quirks!
Hope your design wall is giving you less trouble than mine.