Evening in the Garden Quilts

Adventures in Fabric Art


April / May Goals

Happy May, everyone! For me, April had lots of sewing time. I gardened on the sunny days, and sewed on the rainy ones, and I think the rainy ones won out.

April Goals:

  1. Complete Clue #4 for Scrap Fantasy Medallion. Yes. This turned out to be finishing the top.
  2. Make donation blocks for Kat’s March/April Covered in Love drive. Yes. Here.
  3. Cover the cushion for my deck settee. Yes. Here.
  4. Make a top for Beach Quilt #7. Yes, and quilted it.

Bonus: Made parts of several baby quilt tops. Here and here.

And made a bunch of masks.

I have some fabric on order, so I’ve been working on parts of baby quilts while I’m waiting.

May Goals:

  1. Complete Star Wars baby quilt.
  2. Complete Roses baby quilt.
  3. Complete Rainbow baby quilt.
  4. Complete Feather/Owl baby quilt.
  5. Make progress on sandwiching / quilting Scrap Fantasy.

Keep safe, and I hope you find some sewing time!

Leave a comment

Sunday Stash Report: 4/19/20

This week I used 6.5 yards for Beach Quilt #7, and .75 for a matching pillow cover. And I didn’t buy any fabric!

This week: + 0 yards, – 7.25 yards

This year: + 38.75 yards, – 60.75 yards

Total destashed / added in 2020: 22 yards

Keep sewing the stash through this strange time!


Sunday Stash Report: 4/12/20

Happy Easter!

This week I finished and mailed nine blocks for Kat’s Covered in Love drive, using 1.25 yards. (I would have made more, but that’s all the bright blue I have. It’s brighter than it looks…)

Then my DS called and needed masks for his shift at work. They are made up of all military branches, so I made a variety. Also, I discovered I have no olive drab in my stash. Go figure. Seventeen more masks used 1.5 yards.

This week: + 0 yards, – 2.75 yards

This year: + 38.75 yards, – 53.50 yards

Total destashed / added in 2020: 14.75 yards

Moving along!

Enjoy your holiday, and sew your stash!


WIP Wednesday: Deck Cushion

What I’d do differently:

  • Zigzag around the edges of the fabric pieces before I started sewing. This is Sunbrella jacquard fabric, and it raveled a lot.
  • Use Sunbrella 15 years ago when I recovered this cushion the first time. Or when I did it the second time. Or the third.

The pillows came from Wayfair last year.