All my fabric this week comes from Etsy sellers. Besides helping out fellow crafters, there’s a huge variety of fabrics in one spot.
My only finish was the Rainbow Baby Quilt.
This week: + 5.75 yards, – 3.25 yards
This year: + 44.5 yards, – 64 yards
Total destashed /
addedin 2020: 19.5 yards
Wrong direction, I know, but more finishes will be coming up!
Good luck using your stash!
This one-block quilt is a new direction for me, and I like the result. I would tweek some things for another one, making the rainbow taller and thinner. I was just happy when I figured out how to make a rainbow without resorting to giant applique or curved piecing.
I decided to make this baby quilt (36″ x 42″) after seeing examples of earth-tone rainbows for nurseries on Pinterest and Etsy.
Also, I was looking for a use for a couple of fabrics from the “When Skies are Gray” line, like these umbrellas.
I intended to narrow strips of more fabrics to make the stripes, but I found the perfect colors in my 2.5 strip container.
The quilting is sort of a clamshell. I hope it suggests clouds. I like the look, but I think this quilt could have used a little more quilting. The good news is that I got my stitch regulator working, so that made life easier.
Find this baby quilt in my Etsy shop.
Happy May, everyone! For me, April had lots of sewing time. I gardened on the sunny days, and sewed on the rainy ones, and I think the rainy ones won out.
- Complete Clue #4 for Scrap Fantasy Medallion. Yes. This turned out to be finishing the top.
- Make donation blocks for Kat’s March/April Covered in Love drive. Yes. Here.
- Cover the cushion for my deck settee. Yes. Here.
- Make a top for Beach Quilt #7. Yes, and quilted it.
And made a bunch of masks.
I have some fabric on order, so I’ve been working on parts of baby quilts while I’m waiting.
- Complete Star Wars baby quilt.
- Complete Roses baby quilt.
- Complete Rainbow baby quilt.
- Complete Feather/Owl baby quilt.
- Make progress on sandwiching / quilting Scrap Fantasy.
Keep safe, and I hope you find some sewing time!
Lots of partial projects as I wait for fabric to arrive.
This is 84.5″ square.
I have great backing fabric on order!