I finished this slightly different quilt a few days ago.
I started this several weeks ago as a regular rainbow, but…it didn’t gather! I don’t have a picture, but it was not going to make it into a rainbow. I considered taking the strips apart and resewing it, but with 1.5″ strips of mostly Kona, I thought that would be a mess. More than once I considered wadding it up for the trash.
Finally, I cut it into wedges, and with some white strips, I paper pieced it to a newspaper pattern. Then I added facings to both edges, so that I could machine applique the rainbow to the background with a blind stitch. That worked well. I hadn’t been happy with satin stitching the raw edges that I did before.
I love the backing. It’s a piece of Cotton and Steel.
Yuri checked it out and approves.
September 17, 2020 at 11:19 PM
Love it and the quilting!
September 18, 2020 at 7:01 AM
Pingback: Sunday Stash Report: 9/20/2020 | Evening in the Garden Quilts