The quilting is finished and the quilt is trimmed, so I made the binding. The problem was that after I found this perfect fabric, there was very little of it, and it ran the wrong direction. I cut and pieced and pieced and pieced, and I made enough, with a little to spare!
I had to sew straight seams, which I never do, but I didn’t have enough for diagonal joining. I pressed the seams open, and I hope it’s not too bulky.
Working on this, I remembered where I first saw this large-scale birch fabric. It was in a sale bin in a fabric store that was closed many years ago. I didn’t know what I would do with it, but I bought the rest of the bolt. I may paid $2 a yard.
In 2007 I used this fabric to make this wall hanging (it was updated with the cardinals more recently!).
In 2013 I made this winter nine-patch quilt. You can see I was a bit short on the birch fabric, so I used corner stones to fill out the border. Ooh, blurry!
So now, I’ve used the last. Except that the binding tail will go into my strings. And I probably have some 2.5″ patches in that bin…