First, let me apologize for all the snow some of us are having. I’m pretty sure it’s my fault, after I publicly declared that one (about three snowstorms back) our “last”. And last week I put away my boot tray from the front door. Sorry.
I have made very slow, incremental progress on the tree panel. Thank you to Gretchen and Jaye for your suggestions.
I’m not usually a fan of medallion quilts, so I didn’t want to go that way. I added some borders, but not too many, because they already bring it to 35″ x 45″. I cut off the top of the tree, to help with the proportions, but also because I saw a wonderful tree quilt by Cathy Geier that extended the leaves out into the border, so that’s what I want to do. Not that I think I’ll come anywhere close to hers. I’m thinking of bits of snipped fabric for the leaves.
And I think that sunbeam on the right needs to be highlighted.
So far I’ve used invisible thread to quilt in all the border ditches.
I can’t promise huge progress on this soon. DS is home, so we’ve been doing some things, and DH and I have gone on some outings just from cabin fever.
Hope you’re make good progress on your projects.