This week’s finish is a twin-size donation quilt. I made the forty-eight 16-patch blocks as leaders and enders over the last year or so.
I love all the squares I put together, but they do look more interesting up close. I thought the citrus greens would keep it bright, but when the blocks were finished, they were pretty dull. That’s why I bought the ombre fabric to use for borders and sashing.
Of course, I had hoped to miter the border corners and let the green flow around the quilt without interruption, but I didn’t have enough fabric. I used scraps to make the cornerstones instead.
The backing is a watercolor forest print. I used the trimmings for the binding.
And here it is against the last snow of the winter ().
Hope you’re keeping warm and having some great finishes!