This my first Stash Report since the end of June. I tried to write one before I went traveling, but it repeatedly disappeared into cyberspace until I ran out of patience. I may have mastered the updated WordPress app now, so I’ll try again.
My only finish so far this month was sizeable, at ten and a half yards. This the Impressionist Fabric donation quilt.
This week: + 0 yards, – 10.5 yards
This year: + 74 yards, – 93.75 yards
Net destashed in 2016: 19.75 yards
I asked for suggestions for this fabric, and I did consider the ones I received. As I looked more at the fabric, I found that the prints were really only medium scale.
More importantly, most had no center of interest, no pictures or scenes that could be centered in a block to any effect. So I went with my original thought to do large Rail Fence blocks (10″ finished). I also added a little Kona solid to counteract the busy-ness of the prints.
Yuri wants you to know that, in spite of extensive testing, this quilt was not as snuggly as usual. We scrambled to take photos before it rained, so it hadn’t been washed yet. Then we washed it up and sent it off to Quilts of Compassion to go to flood victims in West Virginia.
We’re linking up to the Stash Report at Patchwork Times.