Happy June to all of you! Here in the States Monday was Memorial Day. The Twilters! had a Sew-In on Twitter and Facebook more or less all weekend. It was a little quiet, but fun to share. I worked on the Black and White Stars baby quilt, completing my goals for May. Look for pics of that on Friday. Not bad, especially considering that we were vacationing for almost two weeks in May.
- Make blocks for Kat’s May block drive. Yes! I think I sent eight blocks.
- Make Birds in the Air blocks for the Twilters! swap. Yes! I sent forty blocks.
- Finish cleaning behind the door in my studio. Almost. It’s a lot better, but I need to hang a picture and rearrange some things.
- Make a baby quilt for my shop. I’m saying Yes, because the Black and White Stars baby quilt is all finished but the binding, and I’ll do that on the machine tomorrow.
- Recover settee cushion for our deck.
- Order fabric to finish Scrappy Stars Around the Corner.
- Hang photo in Studio, etc.
- Work on a new coastal themed art quilt.
- Make blocks for Kat’s June block drive.
I’m a little limited in summer sewing because my studio is upstairs, and it heats up as the day goes on. So far, Yuri’s been getting me up early and I’ve gotten some time in each morning. No, he doesn’t want to sew. He’s busy doing Outside Summer Cat Things.
I hope you’re finding time to sew, too!
June 1, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Great work! I wonder how other monochromatic star type quilts would look? The black and white quilt is so great and I wonder if other colors would have the same impact?