Yesterday I finished the twin-sized Droid quilt from The Stitch’s Droid Quilt Along. It used nine and a half yards, but I did need to buy an extra half yard of the white Kona background. This concludes my Christmas sewing, just in time. I experimented with using my tablet for these photos, not too impressed.
I really like the vertical straight line quilting, but as always with walking foot quilting, it seemed to take forever, and that long quilt got heavy on my shoulders.
I used two classic Star Wars prints for the backing, pieced in a giant Disappearing Four Patch.
This week: + .5 yards, – 9.5 yards
This year: + 134.75 yards, – 184.25 yards
Net fabric destashed in 2015: 49.50 yards
And, of course I had it officially tested. It passed!
We’re linking up to Judy’s report at Patchwork Times.