Five and a half yards of fabric arrived this week, but none was used (sad trombone). I did some actual housecleaning, a lot of gardening, and we entertained, but mostly I spent the week dealing with this:
This was the commissioned baby quilt, and I had unfortunately dried it, and was lint- rolling it to photograph and mail off before I noticed the bleed on the back, where the light saber was. I’ve been dissing the blue Northcott fabric (and it was narrow and frayed a lot), but now I’m starting to think the culprit may have been the silver decorative fabric I used, because that’s the only spot I had a problem. Also, the OxiClean took all the color out of the silver (more sad music). I always pre-wash, but, no, I probably didn’t pre-wash that. Sigh. Lots of thanks to the Twilters, who were super supportive as I pulled my hair out, suggesting various remedies for the quilt, and liquid remedies for me!
So today I’m starting one all over again. Eh, its a beautiful day and I have no other commitments. Sewing is sewing!
This week: + 5.5 yards, – 0 yards
This year: + 91.5 yards, – 115.75 yards
Net fabric destashed in 2015: 24.25 yards
Hope all of you are making more progress in the right direction!
I’m linking up to Judy’s report at Patchwork Times.