Farewell October! It has been a beautiful month here. Its definitely over, though. Beggars’ Night was last night, only because tonight is a big high school cross-county football game, and snow is predicted.
If you look strictly at my sewing goals, I don’t seem too productive, but there were a few bonus scrap quilts in there.
1. Finish those last few box pouches. No. I looked at them a few times.
2. Cut scraps for Scrap-in-a-Box. Yes! All ready for January!
3. Quilt and finish the Slow Quilt. No, but I made progress. Tabling it for now.
The weather did not hold me back this month, but my painful knees did. I can sit comfortably at the machine (standing to cut is harder), but I’ve been so exhausted and achy from regular garden and house chores that I’m not feeling the mojo. I put quite a bit of effort toward the Slow Quilt. I pieced the back and batting (one seam each, but large to drag around). I used soluble thread to sew a layer of poly batting to the back of the top for trapunto. I am ready to trim it away, but I just don’t think I have the patience right now, and I’m afraid I’ll ruin it, so I’m setting it aside. I will continue to mull over quilting ideas.
1. Finish those box pouches!
2. Make something with curved piecing. Maybe purple and lime?
3. Make some pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer.
4. Research quilting ideas.
How did your month go? Hope you made all the progress you wanted. Have a great November.
November 1, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your painful knees. Hope things get better soon.