Using lots of fabric this week in the Disappearing Hourglass quilt, but the only finish is the Elephant baby quilt. Two yards came in yesterday from Spoonflower for my commissioned baby quilt.
This week: +2 yards, -3 yards
YTD: +95.25 yards, -139 yards
Net stash used 2014: -42.75 yards
August was kind of the way I thought it would be, not too hot here, but not great for getting a lot done. In addition to the Goals, I made a baby quilt (Elephant) and part of another, mended for DS, made him some pillowcases from recycled sheets, and sewed a top for myself.
Can’t wait for September! Bring on the clean slate.
Make 8-10+ box pouches for Christmas gifts. Who doesn’t need one of these? I made 6 of these. Here and here. Taking a break.
2. Make a Disappearing Hourglass quilt. Progress. I’ve made all 48 Hourglass blocks. Working this weekend to “Disappear” them into star blocks.
Continue studio organization (or organisation!). Refolded some of my fabric drawers, cut scraps, made saved sheets into pillowcases for DS.
1. Finish Disappearing Hourglass quilt for QoV. (Assemble top, quilt, and bind.)
2. Clean out cabinet that backs against my sewing table. If I lose unused craft supplies, it will be a good,dark place to store quilts.
3. Make two more children’s boxy pouches.
4. Make a Christmas scrap quilt to sell or donate.
Hope you are making progress with your goals and your destashing. I’m linking up with Sunday Stash Report at Patchwork Times.
August 31, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I like how you post your monthly goals…something I am going to start doing soon.
August 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Kudos on finishing all your August goals!
Looking forward to seeing your DHG QOV.
August 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Congrats on your good progress with your goals, and your amazing stash usage for the year so far!
Pingback: Progress on Sewing and the Space | Evening in the Garden Quilts