I did it! For some reason, I had to drag myself kicking and screaming the whole way, but I made the first boxy pouch! This is for me, maybe to hold electronics cords, but mosty to work through the process. And it was easy! This is a very good tutorial. It took longer because it is lined, but it would be a snap to do from laminate or maybe pre-quilted fabric. I made the handle more narrow, and may go thinner next time. I would definitly add a second pull tab. And I’m thinking that both handle and pull tabs could be made of brightly colored webbing.
I know, the crust doesn’t belong on the inside, but I didn’t want a tan bag! Still cute. I used a brown zipper so as not to use up one of my fun colors, but I like it. With the pieces already cut and interfaced, it took a bit over an hour. I know the rest will be quicker.
Linking up with Finish it up Friday at Freshly Pieced.
July 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM
July 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I made them from oilcloth too, they’re great fun, but yes I agree a tab at the other end would be a good idea
Pingback: Sunday Stash Report and Goals Update 8/6/14 | Evening in the Garden Quilts