Well, I missed the linkup, but I’ll put this out here anyway for those of you who follow.
I have finished the stitch-in-the-ditch stabilizing quilting between all the blocks on the Brights quilt, which means it looks like nothing at all has been done to it. One tip I remembered as I did this was to stitch in the same direction on both sides of each row of sashing , so that it wouldn’t distort. You can probably guess how I learned this…
Today I’m on to quilting the sashing, probably with wavy lines using the walking foot, and then fmq-ing the blocks and borders with paisley designs.
enablers quilters on Twitter, known as the #Twilters, have drummed up a new quilting bee.
quilt. Find the links to the tutorials on Gretchen’s blog, 120 Blocks. We’re going to work on these
during our Martin Luther King Day Sew-In ( #MLKSI ). In typical #Twilter fashion, this is morphing into a whole weekend of fun and silliness, so check out the blogs and podcasts to see what’s going on. Google Hangouts have been mentioned (still no success fixing my webcam…), and there will probably be a Flickr group, so you can participate even if you’re not a Twitter person. I hope you’ll join us.
This is a perfect project to use with two layer cakes, but I don’t have any, so I dug into my stash. I came up with a great batch of large-scale florals and big dots/circles, and this peach blender to serve as my solid. After editing for contrast, the dots failed to make the cut, but I’m excited about what I have. I’ve starched, pressed, and cut my 60 10″ squares, and I’m ready to go on Monday. Or sooner
if they talk me into it.
And the new step has been released for Scrapitude, so I’ll be plenty busy.
Hope you’re make progress on something.